Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Puzzling robot message in chat
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

17th Jul 2014
21:39:12
Hi,
I have just noticed a rash of strange events on my server. The player enters the server and is then promptly ejected. The chat box robot message reads:

"[Player] is spawning [Aardvark Boeing 737-800W] and will be kicked IP=###.###.###.###"

Any clues?
Derek H
(Derek317)
Curley Campbell
United States
18th Jul 2014
02:21:39
FYI: I am also having the same issue on FSXCarrierOps.

I DO have the "Auto Kick Spawners" UNCHECKED. We fly a lot of VRS Superbug that do spawn objects.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

18th Jul 2014
09:12:17
Sounds like the player is using some add on that creates ai traffic in your session.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

18th Jul 2014
12:29:07
Hello Dave, Curley,
Okay, I'll inform the player that the issue may lie at his end. I have the Auto-kick spawners option checked on. A while back I had a single instance of an AI plane 'stuck' at an airfield, the only way to remove it was to reset the server.

Any suggestions as to how to prevent this kind of occurence in future?
Derek H.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Jul 2014
09:47:04
FSopen will kick a player as soon as they try to inject an ai object, sometimes this will be so quick that the object isn't created, sometimes it might not leaving one object but at least the player is kicked before they can create more.

You need to tell the player not to use whatever it is that is creating the objects if he wants to be in your session. There is no way to remove objects once created unless they were created by the server.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

19th Jul 2014
11:29:13
Hello Dave,
I have since spoken to the player concerned. It transpires that he was in fact trying to enter the server with an Airbus, hence the confusion. Also, the player has said that he often uses a lot of AI objects when flying as a single player so I have told him alter his settings to prevent this happening in Multiplayer.

Thanks for your help.
Derek H.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 382182059