Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

"Affordable Force Feedback Yoke"
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

23rd Nov 2013
20:16:00
Bonjour,

Whilst doing my daily scan on kickstarter, looking for new gadgetry to buy into I stumbled across what is being advertised as the first "affordable force feedback flight sim control yoke"

They have managed to achieve this by completely redesigning the inner mechanisms, replacing the current style actuator with a thin aluminium tube lined with magnets. The tube is placed between a number of electromagnetic coils. By changing the amount of current passed through the coils they can apply forces on the magnets that resist the input by the user depending on the conditions placed on the aircraft in the sim (weight, c of g, wind ect)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke

Certainly something I would like to get my hands on. Granted, still very expensive at $550, but this is on a small scale production line. If this was to be picked up by, for example, saitek, we could see the price drastically reduced!

What do you all think? Work better for P3D users do you think?

Joe
David Bartlam
United Kingdom

23rd Nov 2013
20:26:21
The power of inductance!
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

23rd Nov 2013
20:39:35
It's quite funny,

Over the past two years, studying physics, a modual was on exactly this sort of thing, We where all saying 'when is this going to be useful for us to understand'.

Clearly, that time is now haha

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1291577863