Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

FSopen Server Errors
Martin Schrämli
Switzerland

27th Jan 2021
03:56:13
Hi

I have constant error messages in FSopen Server in the status window. Yesterday my server was no longer listed on the website.

Error:

Error in GetWebPage: Die zugrunde liegende Verbindung wurde geschlossen. Unerwarteter Fehler beim Senden.

Ty
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Jan 2021
07:55:37
Hi Martin, the server sends information to the database via a web api on this server. If you can see other servers listed here then its probably because you have something on your machine that is stopping fsopen server from making an outbound tcp connection on port 80.
Martin Schrämli
Switzerland

27th Jan 2021
10:03:43
Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I also think there is a connection problem. It worked without any errors for the first two weeks. Now I get the error 30 times a day, but the server is still listed.

I'll wait until next week, then I'll switch the provider from cable to FTTH, maybe then the error will be gone.
Martin Schrämli
Switzerland

27th Jan 2021
10:22:51
ahja, and where can I see my HostID?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Jan 2021
16:03:49
Hi Martin, I found an issue, I have a temp fix in place, think I need to release a new version. Will update when I have resolved.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

27th Jan 2021
19:27:44
Martin, if you restart your server you should be prompted to install a new version. Let me know if it fixes your issue.
Martin Schrämli
Switzerland

28th Jan 2021
02:37:08
Supi, ty.

The installer starts, but I don't think it updates anything. I can no longer start the FSopen server. The program tries to restart the update every time. After that, nothing more happens.

I'm running the program as administrator, but it won't start anymore. I also switched off Windows UAC, but without success.

Host is an ESXi 6.7 U3, E5 v4 Xeon whit 128GB RAM. Guest is Windows 7 Pro, 2 Cores and 7GB vRAM.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

28th Jan 2021
21:42:58
Hello Martin,
Have had similar issues. My solution was to go into 'Control Panel' and first remove FSOpen server. Reset the PC, open a browser, then go to the FSOpen webpages, downloads. Download FSOpen Server from the website and re-install. After which, the server software starts normally.
Derek H.
(UK317)
Martin Schrämli
Switzerland

29th Jan 2021
01:40:49
Hi

Yes, its worked with uninstall. The errors in the status window are away.

Great job, your server here! I've been flying MS Flight Simulator since 98, but earlyer always single player. It's really fun to fly with Benni Formation. ty

Where can I see my HostID?

cpt sunday flyer
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

29th Jan 2021
06:59:22
Hello Martin,
Glad to be of some help.
Derek H.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

29th Jan 2021
07:05:37
When you see your server listed on the sessions page, click on flight plans for your server. Look at the url for the window, it will have your HostID at the end

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 307549800