Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Boeing 737 QNH update (Question?)
Richard Coton
United Kingdom

3rd May 2014
10:11:08
Hello All,

On this page of the website, you make it clear that only one line of code in one file has been modified to correct this obvious mistake, however I am someone who likes to modify the default planes quite a lot, and this being in a .cab file is a real pain, I've tried extracting it into a folder and trying to merge the bits I want to, but it always seems to overwrite the fix. I was wondering if its possible to paste the modified line here and exactly what file its located in, then I could try adding all the fixes I want to, rather than picking and choosing, thanks.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

11th May 2014
16:14:42
The question in simpler terms: what line(s) of code needs to be edited.
Richard Coton
United Kingdom

29th Jun 2014
13:08:37
Bump.
Richard Coton
United Kingdom

1st Aug 2014
20:28:41
Is it really that hard to find one line of code that it takes 3 MONTHS plus to answer this thread?
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

5th Aug 2014
21:37:36
Richard,

"Is it really that hard to find one line of code that it takes 3 MONTHS plus to answer this thread?" - Please don't take offence, Richard, however, you're opening yourself up with this statement as to why you didn't/couldn't find it yourself.

Non the less, I decided to have a look for you. I found that within pfd.xml, there is an element titled - "Baro Readout"

I would imagine that the string that needs replacing is:

<GaugeString>%((A:Kohlsman setting hg,inHg))%!6.2f! IN.</GaugeString>

It needs changing to:

<GaugeString>%((A:Kohlsman setting hg,mbar))%!d! MB.</GaugeString>

There may be more lines that need changing, I'm not sure, but that's my guess.

Regards,
Joe

Richard Coton
United Kingdom

8th Aug 2014
01:30:56
Hello Joe,

On closer analysis of the aforementioned file. It does appear as this is the 'single line' referred to by the download. I have tried playing around with many files since I originally posted this and I did coincidentally find that very line by luck. Thanks for your reply and although I found the answer to this question, I still find it frustrating that after 3 months of being live, this thread remained unanswered. One would've thought someone would've had a record of changes and would therefore not need to self-investigate. As stated above. I did find this line and change it accordingly. But I am disappointed that this thread was not answered/(ignored?) by fsopen staff despite being their own fix. Thanks anyway.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 786291038