Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

TeamSpeak3 link error
Kenneth Brander
Norway

12th Apr 2014
14:35:31
Hey Dave,

We have the last week been tinkering with the TeamSpeak link system you have created, which works as it should when its active. We had some problems in the beginning getting it to work as the instructions for getting it to work is not easily found, we had to dig through the forum to get some hints on what we did wrong when we hit some snags. It would be great to have a guide for it available somewhere.

We solved it rather quick no matter and got it to be more or less predictable and working as it should. Swapping channels works fine and without pilotassistant as its supposed to.

However we have bumped into one rather big obstacle and this seems to be out of our hands so we suggest and hope you can take a look at it.

The error occur when the TS loose connection for whatever reason. It doesn't seem to reconnect with the TeamSpeak link when the TS comes back up after a drop. The solution we have used so far is to disconnect and connect it manually and its working as supposed to again.

It would be great if the system could do this automatically instead of us having to worry about it at all. It would make it more easy for us to trust the system if it reconnects by automation rather then us having to connect to the server with teamviewer, disconnect and connect it again. Naturally there will be times we are not around to do so so it would be greatly appreciated if you could look into creating such a function.

We really do want to try out this system but because of this obstacle we do not want to. We can't trust that its working at all times and must stay close when we have the system active to reconnect it in-case the TS loose connection. A matter of a four second drop and it still need to be reconnected manually. There is little we can do on with the teamspeak to avoid such disconnects, sometimes internet itself makes it drop. So you creating a solution in the server module is the only solution we see at this point, please correct us if we are wrong.

By the way, when disconnecting after it first have been connected it gives no response when pushing "disconnect" it will still say its connected in the status field and seemingly nothing happens. When connecting it responds and give the usual feedback. It would be nice as well if it could say disconnected when it is in fact disconnected.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
kenneth@fsxeu.com
http://www.fsxeu.com
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

13th Apr 2014
11:00:25
I'll have a look and see if there's something I can do for this. I guess I can just turn on/off a local ts3 server to relpicate timeouts.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

13th Apr 2014
12:20:54
Yes Dave, that should be a good way to test it.

We were worried that perhaps something is not working quite right yet because WE haven't actually changed our voice type on the server yet.

Can I confirm that the 'Voice Type' setting only changes what it displayed on the FSOpen website and doesn't effect the actual operation of the TS Frequency switcher in any way?

Cheers

TimW
FSXEU.COM
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

13th Apr 2014
18:00:18
Correct Tim
Kenneth Brander
Norway

17th May 2014
15:31:19
Hey Dave,

Just wanted to bump this as a reminder we are still awaiting a solution to this problem before we will swap over to the TS link full-time. We had hoped to do this as soon as possible and have prepared our systems for it the change. Just this last piece that needs to fall in place so we hope you can give it priority. Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
kenneth@fsxeu.com
Kenneth Brander
Norway

16th Jun 2014
20:31:36
Hello Dave,

We can't really wait any longer for you to look into this and the fix to get done. We have now set a date for when we will activate this system.

It is a bit frustrating for our users and us, that the "frequency change link" part of it may not work from time to time depending. So we still hope you are able to look into this as soon as possible and do not take it off your to do list.

I have done some research and found that none of the servers I have checked is depending on the "frequency change link", simply because it don't work as supposed to at all times and unfortunately people seem to agree its rather moody. So all servers I have checked with is swapping the channels manually, doing it in Teamspeak interface. Why they don't speak up is a mystery to me and a shame as it would gain us all if they did, maybe this would have been sorted out at an earlier stage. It would after all improve the system, making it more user-friendly and authentic.

Best Regards;

Kenneth Brander
kenneth@fsxeu.com
Richard Coton
United Kingdom

1st Aug 2014
20:35:23
Is no-one really able to fix this? 4 months after the initial bug report, no response. Any progress at all?
Richard Coton
United Kingdom

2nd Aug 2014
15:56:07
http://fsopen.co.uk/forum/posts/listposts.php?threadid=3464 believe this is the same bug? Confirm?
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

13th Aug 2014
17:29:02
Same thread as: http://www.fsopen.co.uk/forum/posts/listposts.php?threadid=3464

New version released today which will hopefully solve this problem.

Thanks Dave.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 832968120