Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Server not showing on FSOpen
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

13th Oct 2021
07:25:32
Hi Dave,
For the last few days, mine and a few other server have not been showing on the FSOpen server listing. My server software keeps reporting something like 'Error in Get my IP'.

Any ideas?
Derek317
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

13th Oct 2021
17:01:41
I suspect this web site went down for a bit while you were hosting which might be the cause. It pings this site to check if your ip has changed. Seems to be ok now.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

14th Oct 2021
07:08:18
Hi Dave,
I've reset my server a few times since first reporting this but the same message is still coming up on the Status tab on the FSOpen Server 2 software.

'Error in GetMyIP the operation has timed out.'

I suspect others may be experiencing the same fault, only one server showing on the FSOpen Session page at the moment. My own webpages show my server to be offline. My own IP changed last week, this has been happening since the weekend. I also noticed that Flight Strips was temperamental last night.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

14th Oct 2021
10:37:12
Thanks Derek,
It all points to a problem with this web server, or a network issue in between. It looks to be working fine at the moment but I'll keep an eye on it.

Next time you have an issue could you see if this site is working ok.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

14th Oct 2021
16:34:34
Hi Dave,
I rebooted this morning and rest everything but having returned home I see that the same error message has been popping up during the day. I also note that Open Clouds is occasionally returning a Gateway 500 error message. At the time of writing this no servers are showing on the FSOpen session webpage.
Derek H.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

14th Oct 2021
18:33:47
Does sound like an issue with my isp. I've just put my test machine on which is going to keep polling every few minutes to see if I can replicate the issue.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

14th Oct 2021
18:35:44
Also, just checked with isp, there was an issue with their service, they say it was fixed about 4PM so lets see
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

14th Oct 2021
19:43:00
Hi Dave,
Have rebooted the server PC and restarted FSX/FSOpen. Will monitor for a few hours. I did notice that logging into FSOpen Server 2 was less hesitant than before and that my server appeared on FS Open webpages promptly, vour pages were very sluggish this morning.

As ever, thanks for you attention to this.
Derek H.
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

3rd Nov 2021
17:16:13
Hi Dave,
Hope I'm wrong but it looks like the problem has resumed during the day. Several other servers seem to be missing as well. Have just reset, so far, so good...
Derek H.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 544464140