Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

connection issues
Andrew Richardson
United Kingdom
28th May 2020
12:27:44
ok confused... can connect directly to any ip thats on sessions list... and so can my son.. however i run fsopen server all says connected and ok... my session appears in list...yet he cant connect>? why? driving us insane.. he can connect to every other one but mine
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th May 2020
16:02:01
because you're probably on the same network, therefore he needs to connect using your local ip address, probably 192.168.something.

If you don't know what it is type ipconfig from a dos prompt.
Andrew Richardson
United Kingdom
28th May 2020
17:01:51
same network? I live 30 mile away from him
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th May 2020
21:06:04
Ahh, I thought other people could join your session.

Did you read the info at http://www.fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

28th May 2020
21:08:52
Checklist

Running the same version. Same service pack?
Port forwarding set up?
Firewall setup?

It's quite complicated. Alternatively, both of you join one of the sessions that are running. Normally the easiest option :)
Andrew Richardson
United Kingdom
29th May 2020
01:29:15
ok... I live in stafford he lives in telford.. so not same network. I can join any session that is live on the sessions page here.. without issue... and so can he also.. not a problem.. However if i host a session on the sessions page.. he cant join it just says no connection could be made or whatever it says... and if he hosts a session on there i cant join it either.. its really weird.. it just seems we cant join our own made sessions.. we want a session thats just us as im training him :)
Andrew Richardson
United Kingdom
29th May 2020
01:30:11
and yes mate... exactly same fsx spk 1 and 2 everything the same . all ports allowed all connections made etc.. like i say.. i can connect to any ip address thats on the sessions page.. yet when his is on there i cant
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

29th May 2020
10:14:46
Assuming your're not on a strange internet setup,
it will either be you're not forwarding ports from your router or your firewall software.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 658576233