Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Still have connection issues
Chris Harris
United Kingdom
16th Jan 2019
18:42:19
I am unable to connect through multi player \"connect Directly\"- I receive \"cannot create connection to host\". I have sp2 installed but can\'t see sp1 listed . But sp2 can\'t be installed without sp1 can it. All my ports are correct --Can you help me please
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

18th Jan 2019
07:04:04
Hello Chris,
It is ages since I had this issue, perhaps 10 years. Are you trying to connect to another server/session? It sounds like you may have FSX correctly set up but I\'m guessing that you may need to configure the firewall on your PC as well as your network router.

Whatever OS your PC has, and the model of router means that there are lots of variables so I cannot comment specifically on your set up. I do however recommend a search engine query and I would put money on it that YouTube will have a video/tutorial that will help you.
Derek H.
(Derek317)
Chris Harris
United Kingdom
18th Jan 2019
18:45:48
Thanks for the advice Derek. I can find load of u-tube videos asking for connection issue help but no real answers. MY operating system is WINDOWS Home Vista 32 bit. My router is D-LINK DSL-3780. Note that I can connect with other FSX servers listed on FS Host spy via FS Host client. But can\'t connect to the realfsx sever on IP 97 89 8 204 via multi=player Direct connect. Does any of this information allow you to close in on my connection issue please. Thanks for your time
Derek Haselden
United Kingdom

19th Jan 2019
17:36:31
Hella again Chris,
Not being familiar with Vista I cannot comment on that OS (I use Windoze 7). Why you are unable to connect to that server, I cannot say, I have no problem connecting to that server.

You say that you can connect to other servers but not RealFSX, have you been able to connect to them previously? If so, and you cannot now connect, try contacting their server admins to see if there may be a reason for you now not being able to connect.

All I can say at this point is that I have had to set a rule on my router to get it to allow traffic through its firewall. You might want to search for that router and there will probably be a series of lists detailing exactly how to allow your PC/application/game to get through.

I am sorry if this sounds vague but with so many OS\'s, versions of FSX, routers, and so forth there are many, many variables and I can only draw from my own system.

At this point do Google again for this issue, it is surely out there. Also, check your PC\'s firewall, and also your router\'s firewall.

If all else fails look me up on FB or UK317 and PM/e-mail me.
Regards,
Derek H.
(Derek317)
Joe Dirt
United States

20th Jan 2019
11:19:45
Chris,

You said that you could connect to other servers. Were they servers on the fsopen list or others?

Do you have the steam version of FSX or the boxed version? All the servers on this site are FSX boxed versions and are not compatible with the steam version.

if you have the boxed version please join the RealFsx teamspeak3 server for more help resolving the problem. There\'s a TS3 link on the session page for you to connect.

Best regards
Joe Dirt
Chris Harris
United Kingdom
21st Jan 2019
13:44:16
Hello Joe I cannot connect to ANY fsopen servers but can connect to all servers listed on FSHostspy\'s list of servers.

I have the boxed version of FSX (not Steam)

Thanks for your time
Chris Harris
United Kingdom
21st Jan 2019
13:48:59
Hi Derek I have never been able to connect to RealFsx but have tried many times and searched half the web for connection solutions. I am grateful for your assistance and will search the second half of the web until I find a solution
Joe Dirt
United States

21st Jan 2019
14:06:11
Chris,

1. download and install FSX Service Pack 1 here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/4/7/D4795B6F-B8C9-45C7-9BEF-AD9D7011A709/fsx_sp1_ENU.exe

2. download and install FSX Service Pack 2 here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/6/9/d69519cc-b2bb-44c1-84d3-b9f77507f813/fsx_sp2_ENU.msi

3. view our guide for direct connect and other instruction here:
http://www.realfsx.org/downloads/documents/RealFsx_Guide.pdf

You can contact me if you need more help via email joedirt at realfsx.org

best regards,
Joe Dirt

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 253151888