Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Scenery crashes P3D / Open Clouds in Scandinavia
Gordon Hurn
United Kingdom
9th Aug 2016
12:13:02
Hello, anybody any ideas on this conundrum?

I have FSX and P3D installed. FSX is strictly default with no addons (other than OC). P3D has lots of European and Scandinavian scenery.

OC works fine in both sims when in UK / mainland Europe. FSX / OC works fine in Scandinavia.

In P3d anywhere north of Germany crashes the moment I activate OC in the sim.

Thanks & regards
Gordon

Clearly the problem is not FSX or P3D. If I install other weather injectors they work fine with my P3D/Scandinavian setup. Only the combination on my computer of P3D / Scandinavian Scenery / OC crashes.

Given that OC works fine elsewhere and Scandinavian scenery works fine with FSrealWX I conclude that the scenery / OC interface is the problem.

Anybody any ideas where I should look given that neither programs are faulty just simply don't like each other

BTW Scandinavian scenery Sweden Design v2, Norway AoN

Thanks & regards
Gordon
Gordon Hurn
United Kingdom
9th Aug 2016
12:40:44
Can I add that activating OC crashes P3D whether the Scandinavian scenery is set as active or not in the scenery config file. If it is installed then incompatibility seems to occur.

Oh, and the forums for the scenery are in Swedish.

Gordon
Gordon Hurn
United Kingdom
12th Aug 2016
08:52:11
If I load the OC program when P3D is already running it reports "Exception Received 3 - unrecognized_ID"

I can then start OC in P3D and it will run for a while and then crash.

Anyone have an handle on the Exception report?

Gordon
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

12th Aug 2016
15:57:21
Take a look around: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115449

Tim Walters
www.MaldAir.com Group
Gordon Hurn
United Kingdom
14th Aug 2016
09:19:54
Thank you Tim.

Following your link I am thinking my next area to look at is simconnect and/or .net.

I just find the fact that OC crashes only in Scandinavia so weird.

In the meantime I will go fly from Germany to Italy where OC works brilliantly :-)

Gordon

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 615013145