Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Will FSOpen Server Software be going To Steam
Robert Smith
Canada

18th Jul 2016
14:08:27
Hey Dave Robert from EasternHops Community

Well it seems that the day has come to realize that Boxed fsx is lacking new pilots so as a Group Hops Community we rely on new pilots to keep the hops numbers up during our daily sessions after putting up a server up for FSX:Steam we have been increasing our membership base very quickly.

My question is will you be doing your software with Steam FSX?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

20th Jul 2016
00:04:24
Not ignoring you Robert, will get back to you on here next week.
Robert Smith
Canada

21st Jul 2016
00:10:42
ok Dave No worries
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

21st Jul 2016
08:49:01
Hi Robert

Information from Dave some time ago suggested that the session data is encrypted and this has been the cause of it not being ported over. Both myself and Mr Dunn as MSFlights have encouraged DTG to communicate with Dave, but nothing has come to fruition to my knowledge. If things have changed Dave, I, along with many others, would love to hear!

I am guessing Robert that you are from EasternHops as I have noticed this session listed and how it has been attracting users throughout the day and night.

I am glad of this, as up until now, my servers have had to cope with all these users and it's been a bit of a struggle to deal with everyone.

If you are from EasternHops, you may be interested in our http://maghops.maldair.com utility - the site has all the details.

I wish you continued success on Steam sir.

Tim Walters
MaldAir.com
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

21st Jul 2016
08:50:45
Ah, you ARE from Easternhops - sorry, I didn't notice at first, I just made an assumption based on your recent arrival on Steam which has been quite noticeable.
Robert Smith
Canada

23rd Jul 2016
02:13:25
Hey Tim Yes I am the ceo of EasternHops. looking forward talking with you soon about an event EasternHops and others have hosted when we were flying with the Boxed Version. I was over on your teamspeak but haven't seen you there yet. Perhaps you can jump in ours and maybe we can talk. "ts3.easternhops" Talk soon Robert aka "Pizza"

cheers
Robert Smith
Canada

23rd Jul 2016
02:14:22
oops teamspeak address is "ts3.easternhops.com"
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

25th Jul 2016
15:51:48
Apologies for the delay, been away for a week.

As Tim says I looked at making it work with the steam version and did email dovetail games but they never replied to me. To be honest, the very small number of people that want to run a server with fsopen on steam is a very small pool. I looked at doing it myself and it might be possible but it could be a months work for me and, even then, it might not work. Please note that fsx has now been out for 11 years and really just doesn't cut the mustard. DTG have just made a few bug fixes and left the rest. I am more interested in what happens down the road with the new version from Dovetail which they said would be out before the end of the year. Until then I'm afraid I'm sitting on my hands!

Tim Walters
United Kingdom

25th Jul 2016
20:00:28
Totally understand Dave.

I've been somewhat reserved about developing more for FSX over the last few months.

I await with baited breath, DTG's new sim.
Robert Smith
Canada

1st Aug 2016
13:43:16
Thanks Dave and Tim looking forward in getting some kind of admin software soon for either fsx or what ever is coming in the future cheers for all the work you guys have done for us pilots guess we will have to suffer with steam Radio coms with the kids acting up like the old days of gamespy with no "FSOpen Admin software"

Cheers Robert aka Pizza "EasternHops Community"

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 67660317