Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

How To Connect
Philip Taylor
United Kingdom
25th May 2015
16:41:37
I have searched forum and cannot find answer to this.

I have fsopen server with pro licence, I have opened all the ports needed for fsx but no matter what I do I cannot find my session or even connect to other sessions.

I have fsopen server installed on same computer as fs (I know it not ideal but only have 1 comp), I start fsopen server first, then pilot assistant then start fsx, I go into multiplayer and login with same username as fsopen, I then put in my ip ( have tried both 192.168...... and external ip which is static) but neither find any sessions.

So question is can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and how do I connect with just one comp.

Thank you in advance

Phil

Oh and I am on windows 7
Andy Mooring
United Kingdom

25th May 2015
19:50:32
You have to have a separate computer (server software + FSX (Gold, Acceleration with SP2(you need to download and install SP1 first then SP2))) in order to host your own sessions. Running a hosting session AND trying to use it on 1 machine doesn't work.

Don't run the server software as this may be stopping you from joining other sessions (someone correct me if this is not the case).

Also you need to check if your firewall is blocking you from joining other sessions and the ports are set correctly (6112 - 6122).

You don't really need to use your FSOpen username when going into Multiplayer, you can use your own full name or whatever name you wish. Your FSOpen username is only unique to FSOpen like your pin number for your bank card.

If your still having problems, leave a message to DaveWave (creator) and he (or anyone else) will get back to you as soon as possible with a(ny) solution(s).

Happy trails. :o)
Philip Taylor
United Kingdom
25th May 2015
21:00:05
Thanks Andy for your advice, I will see if I can sneak missus's lappy away lol and try again.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

27th May 2015
17:43:20
Hi Philip

If you are going to try to connect to your own session from the laptop on the same network, you have to use the LAN IP to direct connect as your router will likely prevent 'loopbacks'.

To test - you need a mate to direct connect through to your WAN IP.

Tim Walters
MaldAir.com
eo3va.com
eusart.org

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 331941509