Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

MaldAir.com - The first ever dedicated Virtual Airline on STEAM.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
13:52:55
Dear Pilots

If you are an owner of Steam FSX - please take a look at the first ever dedicated Steam Virtual Airline session by following the link below:

http://www.maldair.com

Proud to be different!

Tim Walters
Maldair.com
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
14:18:15
Whilst Clever (and a part of me is applauding your efforts), I must say it's rather cheeky to force the 'move up the list' link to load when the page opens...

Even though you're holding a cookie to prevent it happening more than once, I still don't think you should force the user to open a page they're unaware that they opening.

FSOpen's download page says:
-> "Use this link to advertise our sessions on your web page, on fsx forums, on facebook etc."

Key words highlighted in bold. The purpose is to bring people back to FSOpen to have a look around sessions available. Maybe if the window you opened was full size & scrollable and made it possible for the user to look through the session list I wouldn't mind so much, but the fact you're opening a useless window is deceitful.

Screenshot of the popup

Screenshot of Code Snippet

Screenshot of Cookie

Sorry to be a grass, but I think everyone should play fair, and this (in my opinion) is not.

Regards,
Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
14:35:15
Total violation, plus what is the point of advertising on fsopen when you can't connect directly.

I've removed from the list, Tim should really no better.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
15:06:24
Hi Dave and Joe

I did eMail Dave about this yesterday to get clarification and I have not yet had a response to that eMail.

Whilst awaiting your response I added it up so you could actually see what I was doing.

Hopefully, if the rumours in another post is correct, http://www.fsopen.co.uk/forum/posts/listposts.php?threadid=3543 this WILL become one of your sessions.

I have endeavoured to be transparent with this.

I will remove the offending code shortly.

Thanks

TimW
MaldAir.com
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
15:31:14
Offending code removed.

Bit of a shame really as it was a free advert for the FSOpen network which I am, very much, still a part of.

Ah well, no politics, just flying guys.

TimW
MaldAir.com
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
15:32:45
Thanks Tim, need to be fair or everyone would copy the code.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

1st Jan 2015
15:40:12
Umm... err.... better get this thread removed!!

:o)

T.
Geoff Server
United Kingdom

2nd Jan 2015
13:52:39
Tim, suggest you remove your tag line: "Proud to be different!" a bit ironic.
Appalling behaviour.
Well spotted Joe and you were right to post it in the forum.

Tim Walters
United Kingdom

2nd Jan 2015
14:04:28
Forum is not editable Geoff.

Once again, I did eMail Dave before doing this - but did not and still have not received a reply to that email.

Also - thanks to Joe for removing the image to the code snippet!

Tim Walters
MaldAir.com

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1935916801