Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Flight Simulator X - Coming to Steam
Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

10th Dec 2014
22:22:21
Evening,

I think there was a post a few months ago about Dovetail taking over Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Well, they're bringing it to the popular platform - Steam.

Apparently we will see some extra mission packs / add'ons. Will be interesting to follow its developments.

Do you think this will bring new people to FSX? Is it too late, has P3D winned most of us over already?

Dave, this may be worth following to see if any changes to FSOpen needs to be made incase the installation directory is changed with Steam (that is of course if you use it anywhere).

http://www.redmondpie.com/flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-gets-a-release-date-here-are-the-details/

Regards
Joe
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

10th Dec 2014
22:34:39
Everything works with P3D so should be fine, can't see them changing much or they'd call it fsXI !

I was wondering if they would do something different with mutiplayer as they couldn't really sell fsx as it is. Suspect the choices are

1. Remove gamespy stuff leaving just direct connect
2. Pay gamespy to start sessions again.

Collin Moore
United States

19th Dec 2014
04:15:38
Dave,

Looks like they've integrated Steam's servers into this somehow. Also looks like the server isn't running correctly with FSOpen. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot in any way. I appreciate all you do here! I've been an FSOpen fan back when there were just a few of us around!

Sincerely,
Collin Moore
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Dec 2014
08:34:22
I'm downloading today to have a look at. I here you can't join using direct connect any more so it looks like there is no way old and new versions can exist in the same session.

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

19th Dec 2014
11:35:22
I have put a session up for the day, at the moment everything seems to work ok but could do with some testing from any one that fancies it.
Collin Moore
United States

19th Dec 2014
14:01:42
I can't seem to get the bot to detect that people are joining from Steam. It reports that it's hooked into FSX okay, but no users are being recognized.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 372391644