Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

FSopen Server over LAN
Matthew Prentice
United Kingdom
10th Jul 2014
21:57:16
Is it possible to run over a local IP address? Or does it have to be public?
Tried to run a server earlier this evening and the user PC couldn't connect.
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

12th Jul 2014
16:38:10
Private will work fine, you just need to 'unfirewall' the ports.

FlightStrips etc. won't work. but you can share an aircraft or fly formation.

T.
Nennot Jordan
Martinique

23rd Jul 2014
01:17:42
THE FSOPEN SHIIIIIITT !
Nennot Jordan
Martinique

23rd Jul 2014
01:18:30
VOUS AURAIT DU GARDER GAMESPAy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Clifford
United Kingdom

23rd Jul 2014
16:59:24
Nennot,

I'm not sure if your first comment is due to a language barrier or you're just a rude. I do hope, however, it is not the latter!

Whilst I am fully aware there is no requirement for any of us to waste our time, lowering ourselves to your level to inform you of FSOpen. I have, however, decided to.

Dave has work incredibly hard over the last 8 ish years, buliding FSOpen into what it is today. Which is, as you seem to be unaware, a successful suite of applications that allow people from all over the world to come together and be part of a community where all members have a similar interest.

FSOpen Server Software is supported by over 40 FSX Multiplayer Servers. And that's just those that choose to be displayed on the sessions page.

I think it's quite clear, and therefore safe to suggest that Daves software is not as you described it. And until you can provide reasoning behind your statement, I for one, as I'm sure many other will, will be deeming it as spam rather than anything of importance. (Not that I am of any importance anyway)

Moving on to your second point, which translates to "you ought to keep gamespy". FSOpen didn't make the decision to remove gamespy. This was a decision made by Microsoft. Gamespy made accessing FSX Multiplayer servers really easy, because the list was just there and you chose one to join. When Microsoft failed to renew it's licence with GameSpy this collective list of FSX Servers disappeared and it became hard to find out what servers where available.

FSOpen has solved that issue. Yes, It may no longer be quite as easy as GameSpy was. But let's remember that a large amount of playing time was lost with GameSpy due to it's temperamental systems. And seeing as there isn't a way implementing FSOpens session list directly into GameSpy this is the best alternative.

If you have any comments or ideas on how to improve FSOpen them I'm sure Dave would be interested. However, posting onto the forum comments that A) are just rude and B) Contain no constructive criticism what so ever, is not the way to go.

Regards,
Joe

Matthew Prentice
United Kingdom
24th Jul 2014
21:59:01
Hi guys, specifically Joe and Tim,
Nennot, I agree with Joe, if you don't like it, dont use it, or be constructive and talk about what features you would like.

I tested again today ensuring that the ports where open on the firewalls of the two pc's i'm testing with. It didn't work. =[

I recieved a message saying "unable to connect to the host" or something along those lines.

any ideas?
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

28th Jul 2014
09:51:20
Might be a silly question, but are you using the internal LAP IP's... Usually 192.168.x.x - depending on the router/hub config.

Are you able to PING each system from the other in DOS?

C:\>PING 192.168.x.x

T.
Matthew Prentice
United Kingdom
28th Jul 2014
18:04:53
Hi Tim,
Yeah I'm trying to use the local IP's.
Problem is the router i'm using is the BT Home Hub 3, on which port forwarding is completely broken so no public IP's for me.

Actually my command line was broken to the extent that no commands would work at all, but I've fixed that now.

Any ideas?
Tim Walters
United Kingdom

29th Jul 2014
00:25:04
If you can ping each system from the other and or share other data then I can't help further.

If, however the PING/LAN is not working then I might be able to assist.

Let me know what IS working...

T.
Matthew Prentice
United Kingdom
29th Jul 2014
18:17:52
Hi Tim,

The ping and LAN are working, for some reason I didn't have the path to the System32 folder on the command line so it wouldn't recognise any windows commands.

I guess I'll have to tinker away with the network and sharing settings. Maybe there is something I missed.

Many thanks anyway.
Christian McGrath
United States
17th Aug 2014
00:42:45
UM, when I have FSX open and start FSOPEN Server program, after i log in it crashes after saying "Enter a host name or IP address first." how do i do either?
Vivas Enrique
Spain

16th Oct 2014
12:47:12
Hello bonjour
Nennot Jordan est un stupide personnage, qui ne fait pas honneur aux Fran├žais. Bien entendu que FSOpen est beaucoup plus performant que GameSpye celui de Microsoft, c'est d'autant plus idiot que Microsoft n'a pas voulu prolongar ce service et qu'il n'existe plus.

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1966390516