Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Users unable to see map and unable to connect to this site.
Karl Hendry
United States

3rd May 2014
05:48:57
Some users are having difficulty seeing the map on the web page for our group. They simultaneously are unable to get to this web site. Other users are having no issues.

At this time only two of the users experiencing issues are available to query. The only commonality that I can isolate among the two is that both are in the west part of the US (CO & WA). They issue seems to have started on Tuesday from what we can tell.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Karl
Karl Hendry
United States

3rd May 2014
06:56:28
Further research has found that is users that have Comcast as their ISP that are having the issues. Changing the DNS servers has no effect. One user used a proxy and was able to get to this web site, though was unable to see the sessions on the sessions page or the map on our site. Comcast currently serves a lot of US homes (15-20% or so I believe).
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

3rd May 2014
08:44:45
Suggest one of your Comcast users log a fault with Comcast since everyone else is OK.
Robert Dunn
United States
3rd May 2014
21:30:32
Thanks, Karl and Dave Wave. I will contact Comcast, the largest internet provider in the USA and see if I can get my connection to anything communicating with FSOpen.co.uk working again. This total inability to connect to your facilities started two days ago and continues. Changing to Google public DNS IPaddress for IPv4 at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 didn't help. This message is being typed on my phone. I run a msFLIGHTS.net alternate FSOpen-Server2 P3D and FSX host server which currently cannot connect it's FSOpen session.

Is there anybody reading here who uses Comcast that CAN connect to anything at FSOpen.co.uk?

Respects, Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Justin Johnson
United States

4th May 2014
04:30:12
I called comcast on this issue of the ISP blocking fsopen.co.uk and he said it is because fsopen is being hosted from the same IP as a phishing website. So with this info there are 2 options and unfortunately there is noting we can do on the user side.

1. contact the hoster for fsopen and have them take down the phishing site which would then automatically grant access back to that IP address with comcast.

2. Contact the hoster and ask them to move you to a diffrent server with a new IP address.

Unfortunately ISPS do this to protect there users but sometimes in the prosses block safe sites.

If you need anymore info please contact me at xjjohnsonx@msflights.net
Robert Dunn
United States
4th May 2014
05:25:49
Thanks Justin, for doing that Comcast inquiry. Those of us unable to host a FSOpen Server2 session or retrieve the other fine FSOpen tools and facilities will patiently await some solution.

Respects, Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th May 2014
07:38:10
Thanks Justin, I have raised a ticket with our ISP to resolve.

It's not easy to move to a different ip, this is a cloud solution so there are thousands of sites on the same ip.

Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th May 2014
08:12:07
I stand corrected, I've been given a new ip to use to resolve. This will take up to 24 hours to propogate. Can you let me know if this resolves the issue.

The new ip is 188.65.114.122
Robert Dunn
United States
4th May 2014
17:22:55
Accept our appreciation for your resolution for this inability to Comcast-connect to FSOpen. All is normal now as of my first try at 16:00 4 May UTC. Speedly and completely resolved, Dave Wave. Thanks again to Dave Wave, Justin, Karl and all the Comcast ISP connectors who worked toward this Comcast ISP connection resolution. All Comcast customers I poll today report normal FSOpen connections.

Respects, Bob...
RSDunn2@msflights.net

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1166414989