Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

Anyone want a free forum?
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

3rd Mar 2014
13:22:30
Just an idea. I was reading the other day that some people give up on forums as it's so hard to stop spammers from signing up.

Since we have a very strict policy on sign-ups on fsopen I was wondering if anybody out there wanted to embed an fsopen formum on their own sites?

I know a lot of you have your own forums but for those that don't what do you think?
Chase Morgan
United States

3rd Mar 2014
23:31:49
I would love that feature Dave! I love how simple the FSOpen forum is. :) Great idea
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th Mar 2014
10:47:16
Propose we embed it as an iframe to start with, not ideal but quick for us to do.

If the idea takes off I'll look at better ways to integrate into other websites, possibly letting you customise the look with css.

I'll drop you an email once I've set it up for you.
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

4th Mar 2014
14:49:50
Chase, have you got a web site?
Chase Morgan
United States

5th Mar 2014
00:04:59
I am working on it. If you want a test site, I can make a new page on my VA website. http://hawaiianva.org
Robert Cohen
Canada

5th Mar 2014
14:19:25
Robert from EasternHops we have room if you want to try it on our site ???
Dave Wave
United Kingdom

5th Mar 2014
19:20:26
Thanks Robert, don't need space, I've got loads on fsopen, just want to know if people want a free forum.

Chase let me know when you have your new site up and running.
Chase Morgan
United States

5th Mar 2014
22:08:21
Will do. I may not be the best test subject because I have a lot going on with my VA right now, but I do run the WestCoast ATC Session so be on the lookout for a site there.
Robert Cohen
Canada

9th Mar 2014
13:51:28
hey Dave we are working on a pilot center on the website. I would like to try the forums thingy can you email me the
i frame to me @ easternhops@gmail.com we can test it out for you. I think it will be a great avenue for all groups to get the word out of whats going on in there server

cheers Robert EasternHops

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 1883892953