Click for Sun
Back to Board Index

New User - Configuring FSOpen
Martin Schultz
Canada
11th Nov 2013
00:07:44
Hello all...Installed WinPcap, rebooted system. Opened ports 6112 - 6122 on my router for the IP of the FSOpen computer. Have FSX SP1 & SP2 installed for a long time prior to the FSOpen install (Ver 0.96). Launch FSX, launch FSOpen enter the details and click save.

FSX status says "Starting" and stays there for as long as I let the program run.
SC Status says "Offline"
Status tab says "Ready" and the "Listening".

Cannot connect via "FSX Multiplayer" and I assume it's because the server is offline.

What am I doing wrong??

thx

David Bartlam
United Kingdom

11th Nov 2013
08:27:16
Martin,

Without seeing your desktop, it'll be quite hard for me to see exactly what's happening. The steps that I use:

Run OpenServer, login and let it wait for FSX.
Load up FSX, start a multiplayer session (host a session) and put yourself Into the game.

That should be it. With ports opened and both the Server and FSX running, that should work.

A handy tool for you to download is Teamviewer. If you haven't received an answer to this issue by 1600GMT, I will be more than happy to access your computer under your watchful eye and help you to resolve the issue, unfortunately I'm working until then so cannot be any more help until that time.

Hopefully there will be someone who can help more than I have.

If you do need help later on, please visit the FSXWorldwide Teamspeak server where I will be this afternoon. Details on how to access our TS can be found on the FSOpen sessions list or www.fsxworldwide.co.uk.

I hope you get a better answer than I've provided here
Martin Schultz
Canada
12th Nov 2013
00:59:21
Thanks David. I was working nights. After a good mornings sleep and a dose of the strongest coffee I had in the house. I was able to get it up and running. Brain fart on my end is all.

thx - Martin

You need to Log on to post a reply.
Back to Board Index

Forum help

No politics, just flying
FSopen © 2009 - 2017
Page views: 131642223